(click image to enlarge)
The Duke of York's Military Academy was designed in 1801 by architect John Sanders, its aim, to educate the orphans of British Servicemen killed in the Napoleonic wars. In 1909 the school was relocated from Sloane Square to Dover, Kent and site became the Duke of York's Barracks and headquarters of the Territorial Army. It was sold in 1998 and in 2008 after extensive redevelopment, the building became the home of the Saatchi Gallery. The grounds have been used for sports by Hill House school since 1952 to the present day.